I suggest you ...

Create a QR code activated video self-tour library.

Create a database of videos, each between 1 and 2 minutes long that give visitors important and engaging information about specific items at the Walters.

Each video would be activated by scanning a QR code located next to the item in the museum. That QR code would link to the video that would be streamed to you smart phone or other Wi-Fi enabled hand held device.

These videos would consist of a Docent talking about an item; with cut scenes to the item itself as well as close ups of the important features or details of each item.

This project could be rolled out collection by collection, so that as you walk into a particular studio you would be notified by a sign that the collection that you are about to see has an accompanying self guided video tour. Included in that sign could be a simple link to download a custom Walters Art Museum QR code reader as well.

It would be like going on a guided tour with your very own Docent….in your pocket.

A Postscript on monetization: the videos themselves could be hosted via YouTube and monetized providing a revenue stream for the program. The video could be set up so that if you were watching them at the Museum via QR there would be no add but if you were watching them via laptop or other device fro the Walters Art Museum YouTube channel you would see advertising. Integrating the videos into a publicly available video service like YouTube would also provide free advertising and Branding for the Walters Art Museum.

George L Peters Jr @mobtowngeorge

148 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service